Sunday, January 10, 2010

Simply wonderful

How else can I describe beautiful?

Yesterday, Sunday, I was invited to the home of one of my housemates. I was very reluctant to go because one, I don't like the idea of being in someone else's house, and two, I don't like all the family thing because I'm never good at it. Coming from not just a broken but twisted family, one would think that I dislike family dinners, reunions, and stuff like that, and I would tell you myself that I really think a happy family only exists in feel good movies.

But damn wrong I was.

The moment I met Rand's mom, I was embraced in the family, as though I was a long-time friend who is visiting for the weekend. His dad made me feel like I'm his daughter. Rand's siblings made me feel like their own. The feeling absolutely amazing that I cannot even describe it because no words can amount to that happy feeling. 

I was consumed by all the happy thoughts, and surrounded by a happy family that I secretly wished they were my parents. 

And yes, their family looked like a cut out scene from a feel-good movie.

But NO!

Their family is far better than any episode in any TV series, or any scene in any flick because theirs is real. And it is something that I never imagined I could ever have.

I felt love, I felt joy, it felt wonderful---I almost didn't want to head back to the city. 

I thought my delight would end the moment my housemates and I hopped in the city bus, but there was that warm feeling, knowing that I can go back to them anytime---that I can, once again, be embraced  in their love, and hope, and delight. J.

No comments:

Post a Comment