Sunday, January 17, 2010

Newbie

How do you welcome a seemingly annoying newbie?

I've been keeping myself from saying anything negative about this new guy who just joined the organization I'm a part of. And he's been posting a lot of thread and messages about how he is the "new" guy and how he is trying to figure things out. I've really been holding back, but one of the members (who happens to be the devil's advocate) shot back with and sort of confronted him. Mr. New guy also joined in the event I organized, and I don't think he felt welcome.

That's when I felt guilty. I trashed talk without thinking that perhaps he is just the loner-type of person who is in dire need of company, and yet there I was shooing him away. 

I felt bad that negative vibes got in the way, and I wasn't able to welcome him or let him in the group. The worst part is I never even gave him the chance. And now he stopped posting messages on the threads.

That made me feel guilty all the more, especially since it's my fault he felt uninvited.

Should I, or should I not talk to him?

I hate this.

No comments:

Post a Comment