Sunday, January 17, 2010

God mother duties

Today, I found myself going out of my comfort zone yet again (trust me, I'm too stubborn and I always play safe most times.)

I went to another city for the Christening of Sienna--my first ever god daughter--that makes me a god mother! 

Well, I've already made up my mind that I won't ever have kids because 1. I know how kids can be a pain in the neck. I know that because I always give my dad migraines! 2. Taking care of kids means you have to be responsible and motherly, and I am neither. And 3. It needs a lot of money, eats a lot of time, and demands a lot of attention. It's really not for me. Some ladies are born to become moms, and I just don't see myself being one. Not even close!

So anyway, it was actually an overwhelming feeling to know that I'm going to be part of that little girl's life. I will be like her second mom and it's really a big responsibility and I will try my best to be there if ever she needs me.

Also, what's good about this day is that I get to see my long-time friends! There is Dan (Sinna's mom,) and Marlene, and Audrey. We used to be roommates back in our freshman year in the university. 

I find it weird, how to me it seems like yesterday we were just reading Harry Potter books and now, there are kids involved! Kids! With 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 ears, 2 eyes, perfect set of chubby little fingers.

Wow. 

We've really gone along way. Not just us, but also the friendship and the good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment