Wednesday, March 10, 2010

No goodbyes

I have proven that 117 days is enough to get to know one person--to be part of his life, and to allow him to be part of yours. 117 days is indeed enough to change a life, to make a difference, to start a friendship that can cross boundaries.

Four months ago, I met Bjorn. He is a guy from Belgium and the first person I hosted on couchsurfing. Ever since that night I picked him up at Starbucks, he became not just a friend, but the big brother I never had. I run to him for comfort. He is the first person I tell my plans and ideas to. I think the important word here is family. He is that family to me.

I would have wanted him to stay longer in the country, but like all travels, it has to come to an end in order to start a new journey. I realize it's quite tricky that you meet some really good people in your life only to have them leave you at one point (although they didn't have a choice.)

Now I am all too sad that Bjorn is on his flight back to Belgium, but at the same time, I am all too happy to have known one sincere guy. A friend told me that we shouldn't be sad it ended, instead, be happy it happened.

And I am going to live to that. I can only be thankful to have met someone like Bjorn who have touched my life in all positive way imagined. I am so lucky to have found a true friend who I know won't let the distance make him forget of the good fun times.

I hope one day I can also be a Bjorn to someone and bring life, and color, and rainbow to a day, the way he colored mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment