Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bjorn's send off / Carry me home night

What I love about Friday nights is that it means I get to spend it with my favorite people--these are the people who, through time, have been part of the really fun times.

Last Friday was the longest couchsurfing party night out I could ever remember. It started off with a simple dinner at Chariya--this very cozy thai restaurant. The food was great, it was better than some upscale thai restaurants I've dined in. They have green, red, and yellow curries. The red one was too sweet for my pallet, and the green one a little too spicy, but a combination of both is perfect. Their thai milk tea is really good as well.

Usually, Friday night means clubbing and dancing the night away, but what's good about dinners is that people get to talk and bond a little, get to know the couchsurfers and share some amazing stories with each other. It's usually through these little dinners that friendship grows and bonds become stronger.

What's also interesting about last Friday's dinner was the French family we met. I have probably met the youngest couch surfer--Mayumi who is the 2-year old pretty doll daughter of Jimmy and Hilda.

After a bazillion photo ops after, we then decided to go to Ascend super club in the Fort which kinda sucked because there wasn't any crowd at all. There was a little confusion between the club's promoter, but the night was saved and it continued to blossom when we decided to change venues and go to Encore instead. (By this time Mayumi and her parents are already home, and as promised, Jimmy and Hilda will go clubbing with us in the coming Fridays when they get to find a nanny to look after Mayumi.)

I never wrote anything about the clubbing and partying I've done in the past, but now that I have the itch to write it, I might as well. Encore has been the Friday hot spot for my friends and I. We go there because we feel at home, because we like, oops, I mean love the music they play, because we are treated well, and because it is so much better to dance in a super crowded floor than in an empty room where people will just stare at you and bug you to order beer in the middle of your dancing. I like it when it is skin on skin as we shout New York or even shot shot shot shot shot. There is no need to worry even if the sky is falling down.

After a pound for pound dancing, Encore closed at three in the morning and we were much obliged to move to our next favorite bar which is Distillery. We love the place because it is intimate, very chill and a good venue to get into some more talks, or drown into some more beers. You can smoke, concoct your own drink, talk, dance, almost anything and everything that will keep your mind off of boredom. Jason made some delish sake bombs which are shots of sake dropped in a pint of beer.

Three san mig lights, one heineken bottle, two sake shots, and three sake bombs after, I died.

The next thing I know, I woke up on my bed with a terrible terrible headache. Later, I found out that Karla and Bjorn took me home and made sure I make it to my bed safe and asleep. Few hours after I woke up, and while still nursing my cracking head, I saw all the embarrassing pictures up on facebook. It was a good mix of embarrassment and fun--there were pictures taken of me and some cigarette vendors which I don't even remember taking--ah, the good times are also the most embarrassing.

That's the thing I love about hanging out with my favorite people---it's fun, it's heartfelt, and it's friendship beyond any definition.

I can't wait for the next Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment