Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Encore Delusion

I always say I hated Ascend, and I think I still will 3-5 years from now. That's how I love Encore that I couldn't possibly have a good time anywhere else. Encore has been a Friday hotspot that my week would seem incomplete without going. And sure enough, it's been a couple weeks since I last saw the dance floor---all because of the Thirstday group we are doing on Thursdays at Central.

I don't know, but for some reasons, I woke up today from a dream about the two clubs. It felt so real it was so hard to tell whether or not it was a dream. In my dream, I was with a lot of people from couchsurfing and we were just all headed to Encore. I was telling them how they'd love the crowd, and the music and the djs. To my dismay, we reached Encore only to find an empty floor. No one was dancing. Everyone was casually seated at tables of eight, waiting for their entrees to be served. Like all of a sudden, my superclub have morphed into a fine dining restaurant. After all that shenanigans, everyone decided to change venues and go to Ascend instead, thinking that since Encore is empty, everyone might have headed to the other club. We were all on the way to Ascend, and I was actually hoping to see a really packed Ascend, but that's when I woke up.

Even my dream did not allow me to see a crowded Ascend.

I'm skipping Encore again this week because of St. Patty's tomorrow, but oh well, there'll be a gazillion Friday's ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment